Sunday 18 October 2015

Suspension Build up - Rear

You've probably noticed that my blog is not in sequence to the build - sorry about that.
So the rear suspension went together pretty well. The Gen 2 build manual is really easy to follow.

Connecting the handbrake cable was a bit of a pain as I had to dismantle the handbrake assembly to connect the cable. When reassembling everything I found that one of the spring pins wouldn't hold in properly. These are the pins that turn and lock into the hub plate. The hole was too big so I had to send back one of the hubs to Wards to get it fixed.

I used the original drive shaft spacers and bought some shims from John Gordon Jaguar. On the passenger side I used 3 shims plus the spacer. On the drivers side I found the spacer was too big as it was giving me a 1 degree angle the wrong way. My spacers were 5.5mm wide so I bought a 4.5mm spacer and that worked fine. One thing to remember, when you tighten everything up recheck the angle as it will have changed.

I'm still a bit surprised to find that there is no lock pin holding on the drive shaft nut. As recommended in the build manual I bought new ones of these (£14 each!). They seem to have a thread which is separate to the nut and they have to be torqued up to 300nm. 

Anyway, all pretty straight forward and no major dramas.

No comments:

Post a Comment