Sunday 28 June 2015

Kit arrives

My original delivery date was July 17th. However, due to a cancellation I was able to get an earlier delivery date of June 13th.
I opted for AK to deliver the kit. I worked out that by the time I'd hired a van/truck, paid for diesel, plus took a day to drive down and back it was just easier to get it delivery.

Noel who delivers the kits for AK was fantastic. He stayed and helped lift the body and chassis to where I wanted them to be - chassis in the garage and body in the back garden.
Getting the body into the back garen proved to be a challenge. We had 3 options - Over an 8 foot wall, through a side gate or through the house. We opted for the most direct route which was through the house. This involved tipping the body onto its side which I was a bit worried about but it all worked out in the end.

 I also decided to paint the exposed metal just to stop it rusting. Just used hammerite for this.


No comments:

Post a Comment